Friday, May 11, 2007

10 May

Well, ths Salsa turned out pretty well! I used a bit to much Cilantro...typical beginner mistake. The Robot seems to be performing nicely though. My pack back is as well. I definitely needed it since my neck and back were getting so sore I could hardly turn my head!
Yesterday was our final day with our Senior classes. :-( A bit of a sad day, having to say goodbye. I brought coffee and pastries to my first class...only 4 showed up. It relieved a bit of pressure on a crazy day. Thursdays are my busiest anyway with teaching 6 lessons and usually having an English Dept meeting in the middle. Today though, between lessons, I baked a cake for one of my senior classes...dumb idea! Then taught others all day and for my last lesson of the day (my 7th), I brought the cake...again - only 4 people. That's okay - lots of cake for each of us then!
We have a weekly Bible study with the Greater Prague area folk. This week, we looked at Exodus 34...at God's description of himself. It's a cool verse...interesting description. We then debated whether God literally was holding them responsible for sin to the 2nd and 3rd generation in a physical sense, like simple natural consequences, or whether it was more in a spiritual sense - like they were to be punished for their fathers actual sins. And is that how a just God treats us? Someone referred to Jeremiah 31 where it said that there's a day coming when God won't do that, when someone who "eats sour grapes" will suffer for only his part in it, basically (my crazy paraphrase). Is this the new covenant we have or do we still have "generational" punishment for sin? No conclusions were reached... they rarely are! ;-) But it's great to have such thinkers to discuss your opinions and beliefs with. One of the guys brings his Hebrew Bible, so he can help us with original translations...fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home