Saturday, January 05, 2008

I'm getting married to my best friend!

That's right - Stephen proposed to me over Christmas! He flew to Wyoming and surprised me - just showed up on my doorstep. It was super-romantic! I hadn't seen him in 4 months, so I was absolutely stunned to see him. He gave me just enough time to recover from just seeing him standing there and he dropped to one knee. Of course I said yes! So we're planning a wedding in Prague, in July! I know that isn't convenient for any of you, but we will have receptions back home - we're having one on July...19th? in Illinois, where Stephen is from, and on July 26th in Wyoming/SD (somewhere between Gillette and Rapid City). ;-)
So...if anyone is up to either coming to Central Europe for a wedding or coming to Gillette or Urbana, IL, you're welcome!
The rest of my Christmas vacation was split between Wyoming and Illinois. In Upton, I saw my family. We had a lot of fun! It was great having Danielle and the girls at Mom and Dad's house. We could all just relax and hang out together. It's always hard to see people and enjoy them without feeling like I am rushing to the next person. Yeesh!
In Illinois, i had a bit of downtime, but we spent a lot of time getting pre-wedding stuff done. It was a bit crazy, but I had so much fun being with Stephen and his family!

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Oh...thank you for posting this! I feel bad that I'm 21 days late after you originally posted it, but grateful to read the story. I am sooooooooo very excited for you. My gosh, everytime I think of you I blast back to the past and we're serving coffee in G-town and talking about the future (i.e. weddings) well, your time has come, friend! Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home