Monday, May 21, 2007

17 May

I think I became a member of a church today. I say "I think" because it was sort of unofficial. There are no membership classes or anything, no doctrinal statements to sign or anything. I just agree that I want some official place in this church body. Last year, I went to a Czech church, but it was translated and I always felt like something got lost. Or maybe I just didn't "get" what the sermons were about. Also, since my Czech is so limited, and was more so back then, I met very few people! After Christmas, I went to a few International churches, trying to find a good fit. Laura, my roomie last year had found Prague Christian Fellowship, so I tried it. by the end of that service, we were on our way to someone's house to have dinner and that is where I made my church home for the last few months of the year. I have said for years that I don't believe that I'll ever find a church where I agree with all of the doctrine and all of the practices in the church, so I look for a place that feels like "home" where you can make relationships with people. That's what church should be right? I would much rather disagree with a church on some minor doctrinal points and find people I love. This is a good group of people and I don't have any serious issues with what is preached there, so...here I am! The choices are pretty limited here! There are two international, Protestant, modern-service type churches that I know of, some smaller Czech churches, an Anglican church (where Elanor goes) and a lot of Catholic churches here. It's worth branching out or even coming out of your comfort zone to find a church here!
So I met with the pastor and his wife today and have agreed to make this my church home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home